OFFICIAL TYLER THE CREATOR-YONKERS SPOOF (SQUIRTERS)

Friday, May 14, 2010

Comic Books, And how to save money! (Comic Reviews)

What's up Team Terry!? As you guys all know, Terry Jones is a comic book geek, man I love comics. I was born in 1986, so I didn't get to enjoy the comic boom of the 70's and 80's though I collect them from that time era. But I did enjoy the 90's boom of comics; I was raised on Marvel (THE BEST), some DC (BATMAN!), and Image Comics (SPAWWWWWWNNNNNN!!!!!).


I can't help but be surprised with how much the comic market is still booming! I mean comic books are still selling still relevant and everything we enjoy about our favorite heroes and villains have changed for better and some for worst. But with great Writers and great artist to keep our interest, how can we not love comics!? Hell comics are even more violent these days, such as my favorite punisher max, Kick-Ass, Nemesis and so on.



Now with the price of comic books being sooooo expensive these days, and a recession that's "Over" but still has aftermath. You ask yourself, am I spending on the right product? And with the technology these days to download a whole comic book series and read it for free is so easy. So why spend the money? Well if you're a true collector like me, the feel of the pages and that comic book smell is amazing! Knowing that you have something worth more than you paid for it is exciting!(Am I having sex with women or reading comic books?)

Well I will tell you of a couple of interesting ways to save money, and still get you comic book fix. Now one interesting way to save money is to buy a whole comic book series in trade. Meaning it’s a paperback or hardcover version of the whole series. "But aren't those books expensive Terry?" It's cheaper than you think actually, if you just want to read and not collect for comic book value. I have all 8 issues of KICK-ASS and even though it's a fairly new comic book, it's worth a lot of money.

I spent $15 Dollars just to have a first print of the first issue a while back. And it's been 4.99 a comic after that one (Which I was very lucky, price has up'd on it). So I spent a overall after time $50 Dollars on the whole series just to own them in comic book form. Which KICK-ASS is a Series to read, imagine this, someone decides to become a hero just like we always wanted. But with no training, no powers, and no gadgets. Nothing but, heart, stupidity, pride, and a dream. It's a great series to read!

So now that the trade is out, it's only 15 dollars for the whole "Novel form" of all 8 comics. It seems expensive when you go to buy a whole series and spend 20 bucks, but I spend 20 bucks on just four comic books! So consider that option when deciding to purchase a series for just reading purpose, or try the library. For old comic books, imma tell you my secret, get ready...................antique shops and garage sales.

I have come upon a lot of my old comic books through Antique shops, for dirt cheap prices. Some new series are worth spending, some aren't but saving money helps us all a lot. Hopefully this was helpful, because I have a comic addiction, hence why comic geeks are geeks..............HULK SMASH!!!!



Terry Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment